You are a fearless explorer who loves to learn. You believe in our mission, love our products, and are passionate about editorial design, typography, and a modern aesthetic.
About the job:
This is a visual designer role that is mainly responsible for creating original content for our card collection, as well as designing branded marketing content for: emails, web banners, social media, web and mobile.
Our core business is in personalized cards, and we publish hundreds of designs each year.
We have a small team of designers whose role is to create, revise, and produce designs, as well as refine submitted concepts from our community of external designers.
Each member of the design team is responsible for designing and producing more than 100 of designs per year. It takes great diligence and a passion for both print and type to produce this great volume of designs.
- Being able to understand business objectives and user needs
- Born creative problem solver with great attention to detail
- Participate in design and all-team meetings, where we envision product launches, new card collections, and other projects like brand packaging, website design, and more.
- Design and revise cards for various categories: wedding invitations, holiday cards, and more. Deliver production files for all catalog content
- Work on marketing assets, like: emails, web banners, landing pages, direct mail and social media campaigns.
- Ability to drive at new solution and ideas independently. Ability to lead small design project with little guidance from the creative director and senior designer.
Customer Service Production:
- Transform customer web requests into production-ready files and digital proofs
- Review customer files for typographic errors, grammar and style suggestions, and missing information.
- Provide feedback directly to customers via both phone and email.
- Delight customers requests with a “wow” service that will not only solve their needs but make them happy about doing business with our company.
- A degree in graphic design
- 0-2 years work experience in graphic design required (in house or agency)
- Born creative problem-solver with great attention to detail
- Ability to quickly translate design direction into design solutions
- Demonstrate high standards in taste by not only creating quality work, but by knowing why it's great
- Demonstrate ownership on all assigned projects, and follow through on all phases of production
- Remain current on industry trends and technology
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Ability to work with Video and/or Animation (with tools like Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere) will be a plus Great understanding of typography, editorial design, or book design Ability to joggle variety of projects in a fast paced environment
- Team player who will pitch in wherever the business demands call for
- On-site position in Millbrae, CA (10-minute walking distance from Caltrain, BART, and major bus lines)
- Full-time position
- Evening and weekend rotations required (during November and December)
Competitive market salary
- Benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, & vision, profit sharing, paid vacation, commuter benefits
- Incredible personal satisfaction from being a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team (really, we're not kidding, that's the best part!)