At Paper Culture, we create products infused with modern design and a mission of sustainability. We sell these products through our e-commerce presence, and we’re best known for our stationery, wedding invitations, and holiday cards. Every order plants a tree, and we’ve planted over 550,000 trees to date.
Want to hear about the Paper Culture story from the founder?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
About the internship:
Paper Culture is looking for a graphic design intern who believes in our eco-mission, loves our products, and is passionate about editorial design, typography, and a modern aesthetic. This paid internship provides hands-on experience designing beautiful cards, from stationery to wedding invitations, and everything in between. You’ll support the creative team through ideation, design, and production of cards, as well as collaborate with our team to push our design vision forward against a wide range of other projects. You will be both inspired and challenged by us, and with that, you will learn what it takes to be a successful designer.
- On-site position in Millbrae, California (walking distance from Caltrain, BART, and major bus lines)
- Positions begin in May and June, and last 2–3 months
- Part-time (20–30 hours per week)
- Hourly compensation
- Meets most college credit requirements
What you’ll get to do:
- Participate in design and all-team meetings
- Learn about designing for stationery and personalized products
- Learn about ecommerce, marketing, and product launches
Design up to 50 cards for our collection
- Collaborate on a special project with design teammates
- Be individually mentored by our creative director and a lead designer
- Current graphic design student entering their senior year, or recent graduate
- Born creative problem-solver with great attention to detail
-Ability to quickly translate design direction into design solutions
- Demonstrate high standards in taste by not only creating quality work, but by knowing why it’s great
- Demonstrate ownership on all assigned projects, and follow through on all phases of production
- Remain current on emerging design trends and technology
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Adobe Illustrator
- Great understanding of typography, editorial design, or book design
How to Apply
Please submit work samples as a PDF or an online portfolio, as well as an updated resume to:
[email protected]. No recruiters.