Graduates - it's time to celebrate. Whether you're looking for graduation announcements or graduation invitations, we have your needs with graduation photo cards and non-photo 2020 graduation cards. Impress your friends and family with our luxe paper options. If you are swamped preparing for the party, we have mailing and address services where we will address, stamp and mail your graduation announcements and graduation invitations for you. Paper Culture's selection of graduation announcements includes high school graduation announcements, college graduation announcements, and master's degree announcements with designs appropriate for all milestones. You can match your graduation theme by requesting free designer assistance to make your grad announcements perfect. And the best yet, all of our keepsake graduation announcements 2020 are printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper. For more details on what makes Paper Culture different from competitors, read how our services and products compare to others.
Keep in mind with all of our graduation cards, you can personalize the designs so they are unique graduation announcements that can be used for graduation party invitations or to make the big grad announcement or a combination of both.
Styles of Graduation Announcements, Graduation Invitations, and Graduation Party Announcements
- Traditional Graduation Announcements: These graduation announcements often feature script and more formal fonts to announce all the important graduate information.
- Rustic Graduation Announcements: With the rustic graduation announcements, subtle nature elements such as flowers and leaves are used as accents to the graduation ceremony details.
- Modern Graduation Announcements: You’ll find contemporary fonts and minimal details surrounding the graduation announcement and party details.
- Classic Graduation Announcements: If you want a clean and adaptable design, our classic graduation announcements will meet your needs.
Ordering is as Easy as 1, 2, Tree
- Select the design: In parallel with gathering graduation details, you can start browsing graduation cards to see what graduation theme matches the grad-to-be best. Here are some things to think about as you look for the perfect graduation announcement:
- Photos: Do you want to feature graduation photos or would you rather keep the graduate details front and center with no photo. You can also have a combination where you have the details on the front and a graduation photo on the back of the announcement.
- Style: Determine the graduation theme and style of the announcement from traditional graduation announcements to less serious tones with fun graduation announcements.
- Colors: With most of Paper Culture designs, you can request color changes through our free designer assistance to either match your school colors or match your graduation theme colors.
- Size: Paper Culture offers a variety of graduation announcement card sizes to allow for flexibility in personal preferences.
- Paper: Paper Culture offers three luxe and eco-friendly paper options all made with 100% recycled paper allowing your graduation invitations to help, not hurt the planet.
2. Personalize your Graduation Announcements
- Once you’ve selected your design, upload your photos and personalize the copy. We also have alternative back template options if you want to add more graduation photos and details.
- If you would like our designers to help with custom changes, request our free designer assistance before you even purchase.
- Finalize and approve your digital proof.
3. Place your order and dedicate a tree!
- Once you have your final design, select your quantities and optional addressing services which include printed envelopes and our Mailed for You service where we address, stamp, and mail your cards for a small fee.
- Place your order and dedicate the tree you planted as a result of your order.
Graduation Announcements Etiquette
You’ve mastered high school, college, or maybe even a graduate degree; now it’s time to master the perfect graduation announcement or invitation. We’ve put together some tips on what you might want to include promoting your big milestone!
Graduation Announcement Tone
Before we get into any wording, let's look at some options to include on your graduation invitation or announcement. There are many similarities between graduation announcements and graduation invites. Photos are powerful and including them on either type of card is sure to make a statement. There are a lot of different styles, layouts, and designs available on Paper Culture that allow you to showcase a number of grand memories. Many graduates like to include inspirational, religious, or funny quotes on your graduation cards. Generally, these quotes are from famous celebrities or powerful figures from history, but some choose to make things more personal by using a quote from family or friends. This definitely adds a bit more emotion to your graduation card.
Once you have taken a look at the type of person the graduate is, you're ready to decide on what type of graduation announcement wording you'll want to use. Oftentimes, it's good to match the tone of your graduation invitation wording to the design of your card design. There are plenty of designs to choose from, and adding photos can truly help create a memorable grad announcement.
High School Graduation Invitation Wording
Graduating high school tends to make people feel more nostalgic and reminiscent about the past. While there have been plenty of times to trigger quite the emotional reaction, there have been just as many (if not more) fun times that have made the experience one to remember for a long time, even past the Facebook memories. Oftentimes, high school graduation means a party with family and friends in an informal setting. Common details include:
- Attention-grabbing headlines are always welcome. You don't have to reinvent the wheel on this one. Something simple, such as "Guess Who's Graduating?" could work.
- People have to know the whats, wheres, and whens of your graduate's party - date, time, location, and RSVP contact phone number.
- Include future plans or a quote for more effect.
For the actual wording of the invite, keep things simple and light. As these parties are usually informal affairs, the invitation can reflect that as well. Let things flow as you would if you were talking to someone in person and casually inviting them. Use the first-person in your writing and show action whenever possible.
- It's often best to not overthink things and simply go with what feels right.
- Be sure to use action in your writing and avoid using the passive voice. Instead of writing 'Jane is going to be graduating' say 'Jane is graduating.'
- Keep sentences short. Using action in your writing will help with this and highlight the details you want them to see.
College Graduation Announcement Wording
College graduation is a more formal affair usually, though it can be an informal gathering depending on your grad's preference. These types of graduation cards are usually announcements that may include an invitation. If you are having a graduation party, be sure to include the pertinent information and follow the same rules as above. For announcements, there are a few differences to be noted from the section above:
- Use more formal writing, which includes full names of graduate and hosts, complete titles, no contractions or abbreviations, and spell out numbers.
- Be sure to honor everything it took to get here by listing specific accomplishments.
- It's more common to have themed parties for college graduations. Play around with fonts to find one that matches the theme of your celebration.
Writing great graduation invitations and announcements isn't as hard as it seems. Just remember who you're writing for. You want your words to resonate with your audience and bring out an emotional reaction. Write what you feel and your recipients are sure to feel the excitement of the grad-to-be.